Thursday, March 25, 2010

Why Should I Worry and What I Ate


This morning's a pretty quiet one at the office, so I'm catching up on my internet reading and music listening, specifically on this site:  The New York Nobody Sings.  It's kind of a smorgasbord, but it only features songs about NYC, and I'm enjoying exploring it.  (Note: They didn't feature this video, but my brain traveled this path all on its own.)  It was also a lovely sunny morning again, so that always gives me a mood boost on my way to work, though it's supposed to rain this afternoon.

I made a date to Skype with Britch tonight after work, and luckily I think I'm going to be able to combine that with the cooking preparation I need to do for dinner.  Mex is coming over later for some of that Best-Ever Chicken Meatloaf, sweet potato fries with rosemary and thyme, and I think sauteed spinach with garlic.  So while I chop and mush and season, I can finally catch up with Britch.  We haven't spoken in so long that it's depressing, and as she's my de facto therapist, I'm probably mucking up all sorts of things that I haven't realized yet. 

You may notice that I've added "ads" to this blog...we're going to see how it works.  Apparently I *could* make money this way, which benefits us all (because then I can tell you how I spend it!), but if they're too annoying or unwieldy, I'll get rid of them.  In other blog news, we hit a milestone this week -- on Tuesday, March 23, we had our highest number of visitors yet!  Thanks for hitting me up, world.

So I believe I already discussed how I was asked to pitch for my softball team this year, and my mixed feelings about this.  Well, now they want to schedule a practice for this Saturday in Rockland County...which is a good drive north of the city.  The practice would be from 10 am - 12 noon, but in order to get there, I'd have to leave my house around 8:30 am to get a subway into the city, probably East Harlem-ish, then meet my ride for the 30-45 minute drive to the fields.  And then do it all in reverse after practice.  I'm sorry, but that's not how I want to spend a Saturday morning/early afternoon on a spring weekend, and I don't think I can be faulted for that.  (Well, maybe I can...)  I also have some plans to hang out with Schmate in the afternoon, and that's been a long time coming, too, so I don't want this softball thing to crowd into my social life.  But now I feel like a poor team member for bailing so early on.  I'm also considering how much lower my intensity level is about this team than some of the leaders' are, and wondering if I should just offer to step aside if they'd rather find another girl pitcher.  I don't want to "give up," but I also don't want to put in as much time as it appears they want me to.  What is the answer, friends?  Is it reasonable to expect a teammate to put in about five hours on a Saturday for the cause?

Well, time to look productive.  It is nearly lunchtime, right? 

Food today:
B - Honey B, coffee, milk - 4
L - turkey & swiss, apple - 5
D - chicken meatloaf, sauteed spinach, sweet potato fries - 7/8
S - yogurt, granny bar, maybe string cheese - 3/4
Total - 19/21
Activity - walking at lunch, mushing up ground chicken with my bare hands

1 comment:

  1. ack, don't worry about those ballers. maybe this is coming from a bitter place, but it DOES seem like a lot to ask for a Saturday...plus, screw them! they are mean 90% of the time!
    xo, schmate

    ReplyDelete