Thursday, March 11, 2010

Swimsuit Season and What I Ate

Well, I bought a new swimsuit at lunchtime today.  Liberty of London is doing a big line with Target (coming Sunday) and they had a preview pop-up store near Bryant Park just from Wed-Sat of this week, so a co-worker and I checked it out.  There are a ton of sweet, flowery dresses, but of course of the cut/style that would make short, chubby me look like I was in a tent or a moo-moo.  Still, I found a soft, pretty tankini that's a dark teal with white poppy silhouette-print, and I tried the top on over my shirt (as the fitting room lines were taking forever), and took my chances with the bottoms.  If it really doesn't fit, I can return it to a Target store, but man, it got me into such a summery mood!  I wish I could show you a picture, but it's not online yet.  (So exclusive!)

That was exciting, and then the sun came out while we were in the store, so I'm planning on hoofing it home across the bridge again today.  It should be a calming and restorative walk...and it really tires me out.  Last time I was ready for bed at about 7:30 pm!  (Don't worry, I made myself wait till 10:30.)

My drinks date last night was rather entertaining, though there was lots of talk of engagements and weddings, as the other girl my age had just gotten fianced.  It's fun to talk about, though I don't like fielding questions about where my ring is -- maybe I'm too sensitive.  I just think man, I'd like to know that, too, but I also great freaked out about it, and I have to pretend I don't care that much, and it makes me feel awkward.   The wine and food were quite delicious, though!  I had one rice ball, a piece of pecorino, and a fried artichoke (we shared appetizers) and then a yummy beet salad with greens, orange sections, Parmesan, and pistachios.  And about 2 glasses of wine.  So I behaved decently, I think!  Sometimes I felt like I'd lost any social graces I once had, as the conversation was really all over the place, but I think that's just how that group of hens is.  I hope. 

Ugh, this morning I'd made myself coffee (in the coffee maker I'd prepped last night) and then when I went to finish off one quart of milk, pouring it into the cup, a bunch of chunks came out and into my coffee.  Disgusting.  I had to start the whole process over again with my new milk, but luckily I didn't lose too much time in my cramped morning routine.  (Seriously, I'm up and out the door in less than 30 minutes.)

Food.
B - Honey Bunches, coffee, milk - 4
L - Everroast chicken (yum) sandwich with muenster, apple - 5
D - sassy salsa pumpkin soup, reduced fat sc, salad - 7
S - yogurt, granny bar, pudding - 4
Total - 20
Activity - 3.6 mile walk, about 4 pts

No comments:

Post a Comment