Friday, March 12, 2010

Wellies and What I Ate

Well, the long, wet weekend slog has begun.  Stupid New York weather that wastes all of our sunny days on Tuesdays and Wednesdays!  I'm happy it's Friday, but I'm sad that I stayed awake until 1:00 am and so my eyes are tired.  At least I'm not hungover, right?  It's the small blessings.  Oh, and I walked about 5 miles last night, so I have nice, tired legs today, too.

STILL, only 5.5 hours to go until the weekend, and happy hour drinks with my lovely Schmauren!  I love Astoria drinks, because when they're over, you're so close to home.  We haven't decided where we're going yet, but with this rain, I doubt we'll be too adventurous.

I may have softball practice in the form of a team batting cage visit on Saturday, but it is NOT cheap at Chelsea Piers.  It's $2.50 for ten pitches, or $85/cage/hour.  That seems crazy to me, though I guess I don't know what's normal for batting cages.  Perhaps I won't go...though it's a bad sign that my team spirit is so low already.  So the weekend plans are Astoria Schmauren HH tonight, maybe softball tomorrow, date night with Mex tomorrow night, and maxing and relaxing on Sunday.  I like it.  And I need to do laundry.  But it should be nice & low-key, which suits my mood in this weather.

I'm having this problem today where I keep saying things that don't make sense to colleagues.  It's probably just because I'm tired, but there are some misfiring synapses between the brain and my tongue.  I hope no one else notices, or that they're at least used to me being weird.  (I'm probably being oversensitive here, let's be honest.)

Because it's Friday and because I love you, here is some entertainment.  First up, bacon.  Who doesn't like bacon, and songs about bacon, and silly Brits?



And...because we all like hot dudes, and surprise endings, and Good Will Hunting:



Happy Friday!

Foodstuffs.
B - Special K Berries, coffee, milk - 4
L - chicken & cheese sammy, apple - 5
D - TBD, but probably restaurant food
S - yogurt, soup later?
Activity - holding up my umbrella

No comments:

Post a Comment