Monday, January 25, 2010

Drowning and What I Ate: Monday

Is everyone inside and dry yet? Did anyone else forsake their umbrella because it was just too windy to hold one up? That's the worst combo--you get soaking wet and cold, and look like a weirdo walking around with your umbrella folded while rain streams down your face.

Let's talk about weekends! Mine was again quite an adventure, though not intentionally. Friday night I was well behaved and went over to Literating's apartment (aka Schmauren) to "help her pack" which really just meant pack 3 boxes and then give up. We also ate tacos and shared a quesadilla. I probably went into my flex points but I'm not sure by how much. I was home by 9 pm, watched some of the Haiti telethon, then got into bed to watch The Brothers Bloom, which is a really good movie, by the way. I'm not sure why no one talked about it when it came out, but I had low expectations due to the lack of a reputation, and I was really, really pleasantly surprised. I heartily recommend it. Then Saturday I attended a birthday party in the Hudson River (well, at the Chelsea Brewery) starting at 3:00 pm, which meant I was good and toasty by the time I got back to Astoria around 7 pm (I think.) I met up with the ex to play some pool, then while he was in the front room of the bar watching tv, I kissed another boy I know, and possibly made a date with him. Guys, he's four years younger than I. I'm not proud of that one, but hey, that technically makes three new kissing partners in the past month, so that's OK. But nobody worthwhile, I guess. Still, it's a process! Anyway, then ex and I went to two more bars, including crashing Ax's date with the Terminator (at her request) for a drink, then finally home for (more) tacos. Yesterday was a giant hangover day and I didn't really leave the bed. I did watch Breakfast at Tiffany's for the first time, so it wasn't an entirely wasted day, and I finally was able to do some freelance work in the evening.

Today I feel like a mostly normal person again, though with this weather, it would've been nice to stay under the covers. Especially since I have a hickey and am pretending it's not noticable. OH along the weight loss lines, I received a nice compliment from the ex (I know, roll your eyes) as he can see the difference. He was happy with my shape before, too, but he noticed the change, so that felt really good.

Oh, and about that -- I'm making rash decisions right now, but I'm not ready to stop, so we'll see what happens. Either my crazy control-freak ways will force me to draw a line, or I will be able to relax enough to not need an immediate answer about What the Eff We Are Doing.

Food!
B - coffee, Honey Bunches of Oats, skim milk (4)
L - spicy chicken (Boar's Head Sausalito!) and provolone on sandwich thin, L&T, Miracle Whip light and mustard; pear (5)
D - veg lasagne (5); turkey bacon (2); romaine salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, feta, homemade vinaigrette (2)
S - Dannon Light & Fit yogurt, string cheese (3)
Total - 21
Activity - bike, 40 mins
Flex points remaining - 0, probably

No comments:

Post a Comment