Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Misc and What I Ate: Tuesday, January 12

Wow, so I finally feel recovered from my weekend. How about you, world?

I went over by 2 points yesterday on a light string cheese. I was starving but also nauseous after work, so that was my snack to see if it made things better or worse. Better! I did not go to the gym, but rested and read and watched good TV and I think I needed to baby myself like that a little longer.

Today

OH CRAP breaking news!! My boss just received a Junior's cheesecake as a gift and has put it in the kitchen for everyone to share. I plan on tasting it, but just a taste! And I'm not counting it! Gifts from heaven should not count.

Anyway, today is moving along and it helps that I've had a few projects at work...recently it's been DEAD which makes the time just drag. I do my freelance stuff, but it can only help so much.

In free time news, I'm reading Dan Brown's Angels & Demons, and it's fun to read a silly novel again! I'd been on this biography kick, which isn't bad, but I set down the Robert Louis Stevenson one since I just checked out these more exciting library books. Anyway, I watched the movie of A&D on Friday night and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it -- much more than The DaVinci Code movie. And so I figured I'd read the book for kicks, and since it's quite a bit different than the movie, I'm still in suspense! Next will be Julie & Julia, as I said. (It was hard to pick which one to read first.) Then I have some more serious literary fare, too, but I'm just loving my return to reading as a hobby and not a job. It's so refreshing.

So the plan:
B - coffee, Honey Bunches of Oats with Strawberries, skim milk (4)
L - chicken and swiss on sandwich thin with L&T, Miracle Whip light and mustard; pear (4)
D - brown rice with vegetable tomato sauce and cubed chicken (7); romaine salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, feta, homemade vinaigrette (2)
S - Dannon Light & Fit yogurt (1), light string cheese before gym (2)
Total - 20
Activity - 30-40 minutes of stationary bike riding (at varied resistances)
Flex points remaining - 0

Motivational activity - watching The Biggest Loser. I just wish it were one hour long instead of two. They waste a lot of time in those two hours.

Also along those lines, I received a gift certificate to this great spa in my neighborhood for Christmas (www.spahydra.com). I know I want to get a facial, and I know I want it to be closer to Spring (they say it's best to get one per season, which for me translates to one every other season), so I think I'll tie it to a weight goal. Right now I think I'll "cash it in" when I reach my original lowest weight -- 135. I can certainly wear a bikini at that weight, though it may not be the most attractive option, but at least I'll have made some progress. That said, if I'm losing faster than I expect, I'll change it to the goal of 130...it also depends on my rate of loss. But anyway, that'll be up there as a prize for me, hopefully soonish! And it is enough to cover the full pampering facial -- which includes the neck, shoulders and feet massage. Sigh.

Enough rambling. I'm looking forward to the weather when I can take walks at lunch again, but for now it's a trip down to the mailbox and then back here for some Dan Brown cheese. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment