Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Spreadsheets and What I Ate: Tuesday

Another day, another few thousand rows in Excel, youknowwhatimean?

It's lovely out, however -- at least temperature-wise. We were due for some milder days, days where I can walk around at lunch and feel less like a lump of office furniture, and I'm really enjoying it. I'm also having a skinny day today (mentally), so I'm in a swell mood, just trying not to worry about things I can't control in other areas of my life (ahem). I've never been good at existing in the in-between or gray areas or what have you, so I'm trying it. We'll see how long I last.

Last night I was very responsible and also finished my book (Let the Northern Lights Erase Your Name.) It was very well done, but still quite bleak at the end. I didn't mind though, especially as it was quite short so I wasn't mired in the sad parts for too long. I guess it technically had a happier ending, too, but in general it was nice and wintery, though may not stick with me for very long. After I finished, I started a collection of Evelyn Waugh's short stories. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evelyn_Waugh He wrote Brideshead Revisited, which I loved, and so far I'm only on the first story but the architecture of it is so original, I've never read anything like it. Fantastic, plus I love things set in historical Britain, even if it's just early 1900s -- I somehow feel nostalgic for my own travels there, in a very comforting way.

Wow, that's a very mushy, librarian paragraph. Excel is rotting my brain.

I also rode the bike about 40 mins last night, and it says I went over 11 miles, though who knows. You guys, I can't break my bike habit. I know I should alternate with the elliptical, but it's working and I like to read, and I haven't put any interesting movies on my iPod to watch on the elliptical. I shouldn't beat myself up too much, right, because at least it's exercise? And runners don't feel guilty for only running, do they? Can I just be a bike rider? I do plan on incorporating more weight training, but I will probably give that a few more weeks/a few more dropped pounds, then decrease the cardio by a few minutes and add weight time.

For posterity:
B - coffee, Smart Start, skim milk (5)
L - chicken and swiss on sandwich thin with L&T, Miracle Whip light and mustard; apple (4)
D - Roasted Vegetable Lasagne (5); romaine salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, feta, homemade vinaigrette (2)
S - Dannon Light & Fit yogurt, light string cheese (3)
Total - 19 Shoot. As weird as this sounds, I may cook some turkey bacon to go with my meat-free dinner.
Activity - ride 'r die
Flex points remaining - 0

And for fun, a painting of dear Evelyn, who yes, is a man:


Stay tuned later today for some musings about LOVE. I'm churning with wisdom right now, I swear, I just have to organize my thoughts. I should maybe use a spreadsheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment