Monday, January 4, 2010

Misc and What I Ate: Monday, January 4

Well, well, welcome 2010! Happy New Year, my legions of fans. How were your celebrations?

I had a wonderful New Year's Eve, with lots of yummy pork products and various munchies, as well as tasty drinks and great company. That said, it was (of course) the beginning of a weekend of food, as I ordered a hangover pizza the next day, then had leftovers in the fridge to clean up (lots of bacon and crabby cheese bites), then had brunch on Sunday and ate a nice baked egg gratin with cornbread, etc. Now that the New Year has really started (and by that I mean, the first work day of the NY, when it's easier to behave like an adult), I am going back into WW at full speed. (I mean, I'm not going to literally back into it... that reminds me of a joke I made this weekend that is NSFW. I haven't decided if this is that kind of blog yet.)

So today's foodstuffs.
B - coffee, Special K with Red Berries, Milk (4)
L - turkey and swiss on sandwich thin with L&T, Miracle Whip light and mustard; apple (5)
D - brown rice with vegetable tomato sauce and cubed chicken (7); romaine salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, feta, homemade vinaigrette (2)
S - low fat yogurt (2)
Total - 20
Activity - 30-40 minutes of stationary bike riding at the gym (at varied resistances)

While it's a little depressing that all the holiday merriment is over, I'm very much looking forward to a regular schedule (for the most part) and feeling like I am a successful, disciplined grown-up (at least during the day.) I made museum date plans with a good friend yesterday, I cleaned my room last night, I've just paid off all of my credit card debt, I've got Proactiv on order (just like college), and today is back to WW times, so I hope I'm setting the stage for some happiness, at least by spring.

I mean, I'm happy now, but like, real fulfillment or whatever.

I was excited to see not one but two newly bearded gentleman colleagues walk into our office this morning...and yes, one was Work Crush. And since I've previously (in real life) called him both "swarthy" and "hairy sexy," and since he now has a hot beard, I decided to name him Blackbeard. Like the pirate, get it?! Anyway, the chemistry between us after so long apart isn't so sizzling today, but I can at least enjoy the view. Arr...

This weekend I dreamed that my dad confessed an affair (from the past) with my old lady Sunday School teacher (named "Teacher Alice.") I'm sure there's all sorts of issues displayed there, but I mostly was just amused when I woke up.

And now I'm just rambling... I'll be more inspired to tell you stories tomorrow, but unfortunately, today I had actual work to do and therefore am now writing in the midst of my afternoon sleepy phase. Still, I wanted to return to my reporting, as well as declare my moritorium on pork until further notice! Oink oink.

No comments:

Post a Comment