Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Your Life, Little Girl, Is an Empty Page That Men Will Want to Write On

So in less than an hour and a half, I will be participating in the Sound of Music sing-along screening, and I CAN'T WAIT.  I'm super sleepy and loopy today, because I had a nightmare (about stupid work) that woke me up at 5 am, and I couldn't fall back asleep and was crying from dream thrall, and then I was hungry so I ate leftover crab rangoon, and then I finally drifted away again at 6:30 or so.  It was an exciting morning.  But I'm absolutely going to be in fighting shape for singing, and I think the bottle of wine Schmillie and I are smuggling into the theater will help.

Work went quickly, however, and no one made me cry in real life (which always makes for a good day), and now I'm eating yogurt to try and get food in my tummy before wine and Maria problem-solving. 

Harpie dinner was fantastic last night, as we checked out one Harpie's new apartment in Williamsburg and he also made us delicious pumpkin lasagne.  I think we were more sedate and adult than usual, but it was very nice to see everyone and catch up.  And I had a really quick and cheap ($13) cab ride home, which was much better than an hour-long train ride.  Yes, NYC, people want to travel between Brooklyn and Queens.  Crazy, I know.

Hike texted me yesterday afternoon and we chatted all evening (with spaced-out messages) and today. Anyway, I think we're running out of things to text about now...so I'll tell him to have a nice dinner at Rosa Mexicana and leave it.  But I still get smiley every time my phone beeps.

AND I'M OFF.  To Austria.  Later, my favorite things!


Edelweiss - Sound of Music - Christopher Plummer's own voice from Mark on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment