Tuesday, October 19, 2010

His Eye is on the Spaaaaaa-rooooow

Ho hum, it's a mellow Tuesday afternoon.  Not much to report, but now that I'm Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit of blogging, I wanted to get my daily fix.

In other news, I am quitting smoking, though I don't feel like my motivation is exactly where it should be.  I bummed one cig today, but otherwise it's nic gum for me.  I know intellectually I don't want to smoke, but it just seems like I can (always) wait a little longer to stop.  And it's not even that great, it's just a cruel mistress, that nicotine. 

I'm supposed to have a date with Rockabilly tomorrow after work, but so far I haven't heard from him about specific plans.  I wonder if it'll just go away?  I wouldn't be upset if it did, and I'm waiting to let him make the overture.  It's strange since we only talked for about 10 minutes when we met, and we've had some text conversations, but that's it.  I'm the opposite of invested, so we'll just see if I hear from him.  He's also been OK at keeping in touch, just sort of at the last-minute about things, so that might be what's happening.

OH, let's talk about Sleeve for a second.  After the "things will be different" conversation, then "oops I forgot we made a date again" night that he came over, he ignored my invitation on that Saturday to come out and drink pumpkin beer, so when he texted Sunday to say "sorry, I wasn't looking at my phone last night" I just said "Why am I not surprised."  And that was the last convo!  It was over a week ago now!  I am kind of glad that I don't have to try to stop talking to him again, that it just stopped, but man, I wasn't even that mean so I'm surprised he went away.  I'd certainly been meaner before!  Anyway, I am happy that the caliber of men I'm spending time with/talking to has improved recently.  Aren't you proud of me?

I guess that's it today.  Tonight I have dodgeball at an early enough time that I think we'll be able to hang out and have some beers afterwards, so that should be fun.  I can see my engaged boyfriend and the military man I have a crush on, and that's always nice.  And I know I'm not writing down my food today, but once again I don't know what I'm having for dinner -- probably a salad from the deli before the afternoon is over so I can be tided until the beer drinking starts.  It's not ideal.

Oh that reminds me--for dinner last night, I ate the other half of a cheeseburger and fries from my dinner on Sunday night (that made me sick), and it hurt my tummy again!  It wasn't quite as bad, but I don't know if I need to avoid the red meat or the cheddar or the fries.  I think I can have limited fried things without problems (I had fries last Wednesday on the date, even), so maybe I can't eat meat?  Or was this burger particularly dangerous?  The hurting started like before I even finished eating, so it's clearly an immediate reaction.  I hope I don't have to go back to the doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment