Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Now With Illustrations and What I Ate

Hi folks!  This post will share a few (OK, a lot) of my Montauk trip photos, for those of you who are interested.

This is the motel in the bright morning sunlight on Saturday.

And here is the door to my room, with a comfy chair for perching and writing in journals.
And here's the view FROM the front door.  You can't see it in the picture, but I could see just a sliver of ocean, in that gap between the buildings.

Now for the interior...
This is the beach access across the street from my motel.
And here's Anthony's Pancake House, my breakfast spot.
Here are some lovely beaches I passed on my way to try and find the hiking trail head.
And then I finally found the State Park!
Hiking...

The views from the bluffs.
This was Ditch Plains beach, where all the surfers hang out...though not when there are no tubular waves.
All about Hoodoos.
Here's the place I ate dinner, Shagwong, and then the Gig Shack, with the band outside.

And finally, the green space in the center with a band set up.  This is a boring picture, but it gives you an idea!


And that, my friends, is your illustrated travel diary.

1 comment: