Thursday, September 9, 2010

Labor Day-atory

Happy autumn breezes, friends!  Let's catch up.

My long weekend was pretty quiet but nice. Friday and Saturday were full of movies/errands/getting stuff done at home.  I started Mad Men last week and am now through the first two disks of Season 1, and I think I'm sucked in.  I'm not a fanatic yet, but I'm enjoying it.  I also watched Valentine's Day, which...don't.  It's a waste of time, EVEN THOUGH I love the Kutch.  Saturday night I had a few beers at home (I had four in the fridge) and was texting that Steve guy, and then he called we talked on the phone from 1:30 - 4 am. Hi, high school. It was nice and I sort of liked him after that, and we were silly but also talked about serious stuff and he made a point to say that he was going to be honest with me and wasn't going to play me, as he knows I went through some really bad stuff recently and he doesn't want me to ever have to think about that with him, or worry about texting if I haven't heard from him (as in, "I always want to hear from you so don't be shy if you want to talk.") He tells me often that I'm cute, hot, sexy, whatever. I appreciated a lot of what he said and that he is so direct with that kind of conversation, but he seemed ahead of where I was in this thing (and asked me questions that started with "so if i were your boyfriend...") so whatever. I wanted to just hook up with him at that point, honestly (DRY SPELL), but he had to get up at 8 am to take a bus to NJ to see his mom who had surgery recently, so we made a plan that he'd come right to my place on Sunday night when he got back, and we'd go to my neighbor's BBQ (aka his childhood friend) and hang out. It was discussed endlessly. Anyway, I haven't heard from him since. Excellent. I texted on Sunday night to ask if we were still going to get together, and no response at all. I'm just sort of bemused -- like what was the point of declaring all those things if you are then going to space out? It doesn't make sense, but as I'm not really emotionally invested, it's just odd and makes me curious. Whatever, boys.

Sunday was fun, though. I went to Park Slope for a bison burger BBQ in the afternoon, which was yummy and relaxing and very filling.  By like 6 pm, we were all full and tired and so I went home to nap and then did go to my neighbor's for a few hours. The husband told me I was hot again, thankyouverymuch, but the wife also separately told me she loves me, so they're really I love you drunks.

On Monday I met up with Shmannon and Co. to walk the 30th Avenue street fair in Astoria, which was hot and sort of awful, but it was good to see them, then they were all heading to the old beer garden and i wasn't feeling so great so came back and got into bed. And thus began the cold that I still am sniffling through.

Tuesday I came to work in the morning but went home quickly thereafter, as the cold had resided in my brain and I was really foggy and disoriented and feverish, so I went back to bed.  By yesterday my brain had cleared and now I just have a runny nose and cough and stuff, but at least I'm capable of doing my job. Though I don't want to right now, as the bastards all went to lunch WITHOUT INVITING ME.  I'm here all by my lonesome...and I thought we'd passed this hurdle.  Lame.

Last night I made soup in an attempt to use up some of the veggies, especially squash, that are taking over our kitchen.  I'm having it for lunch today, but I tasted it last night and I think it's decent.  I'm going to call it Farmer's Kitchen Sink, I think.  It's got carrots, beets, celery, swiss chard (stems and leaves), zucchini, onions, corn, chicken sausage, chicken broth, and oregano, salt and pepper.  Maybe it'll help my cold, too.

Well, that's about it -- it's been a quiet week with lots of time spent in bed watching Veronica Mars.  I need a new crush as I'm kind of bored in the boy department right now.  (Yes, these things change so quickly.)  Or perhaps I don't...I had about five minutes where I was happy with my current singleness, so perhaps I should nurture that.  TBD.

No comments:

Post a Comment