Friday, November 12, 2010

Brews & Bros

Wow, I've been silent.  I apologize.  Work has been crazy; they upgraded all of our computers and our server last weekend, so this week has been a mess of putting out fires and dealing with the move and ordering new furniture and insurance certificates for deliveries in the new building, etc., etc, etc.  I am a bit stressed but I feel that things are mostly under control, and it'll be nice to be done with the move and look AWESOME, but yeah, not so much playtime this week.

What can we catch up on?  Last weekend was great.  Friday evening I went over to Schmate's apartment for wine with the Munchers, since Schmauren was visiting from Boston.  It was a lovely evening of ladies, wine and cheese (these are a few of my favorite things), and then when Schmate's sisters arrived in town, the other three of us headed downtown for a few more beers, then Schmauren and I cabbed it back to my place, got giant sandwiches at the deli on the corner as well as delicious Dorito flavors and Cinnamon Bun Ben & Jerry's (best when eaten in the same mouthful as Sweet & Spicy Chili Doritos).  Then bed (separately but at my apartment).  Then Saturday we grocery shopped, made our Harvest Pizza for the Autumn Beer Pairing Party (butternut squash and sage sauce, topped with mozz, blue cheese, prosciutto, carmelized onions), got cleaned up and headed to Schmess' house.  We had fifteen people there, and it was great!  My favorite beer was:


I very much recommend it for fall and into the winter.  And then a small group of us hit The Sparrow, and then on my way home I heard from Shmannon that the crew that had left to see Pee Wee on Broadway was coming back and going to Sweet Afton, so I met up with them for one more beer.  10 hours of drinking and not really drunk, my friends.

Boy-wise, the party was interesting.  Hike was in touch all day but couldn't make it after all.  So the Marine was there, and boy did he get belligerently drunk.  I'm still not sure how EVERYONE else drank him under the table, but he was saying mean things, calling me a bitch (actually he'd slur "Stephanie, you're so attractive...and you're such a bitch,") and word came out that he has a girlfriend who is living in Italy, and he was basically flirtateous and then quickly became an asshole.  It was so strange, as I'd never seen him like that.  Finally as the party was winding down, Schmess and I went to a bar with her boyfriend, two of his co-workers, and the Marine, and apparently while I was in the restroom at one point, the Marine very quietly puked INTO HIS PINT GLASS OF BEER.  Yeah...then he left and went across the street to the beer garden for dancing?  He wouldn't listen to us telling him to get in a cab, so there's a point where you just have to let them go.  Especially if they're stubborn Marines.  I'm not really sure what the right thing to do there was, but after being verbally abused for a few hours, I was ready to let him go.

Sunday I just relaxed at home and got my nails done and worked on a freelance editing project.  I wasn't too hungover, weirdly, but most of the drinking was sort of slow and I got more sleepy than silly on Saturday, which was probably for the best.  It was a great weekend, and so good to have Schmauren back in town for a brief visit -- it felt like she never left.

Ok, more on this week, etc. in the next post!


No comments:

Post a Comment