Wednesday, February 24, 2010

(Not) Humping Day and What I Ate

Oh dear, I'm like a neglectful lover, aren't I? When I'm expected to work at work, it really gets in the way of my internet time.

Well, I'm happy to report that after two full weeks of no gym time, I still lost weight. I weighed myself Monday morning and I'm down another 1-2 pounds! Miracle of miracles. I believe it has to do with generally eating better and less, as well as less beer consumption as my nights out have been reduced. Last Friday BSH graciously invited me to be her plus one to see Kathy Griffin at MSG Theater, and it was funny and exciting, as we were in the 9th row and I saw Andy Cohen (from Bravo) and possibly Meredith Cho, though I think that sighting was debunked. I also ate a grilled chicken sandwich from Roy Rogers beforehand for sustenance, which was made edible by lots of lettuce, tomatoes, bbq, pickles and onions. Afterwards I met up with Mex but we just grabbed sushi to go (Miso soup and shrimp dumplings for me), then watched the Olympics. Saturday night was similar, though I made The Pioneer Woman's Restaurant Style Salsa (which is delicious, easy, and makes a ton so I froze a lot!) and used that on taco salads! They were fantastic, if I say so myself. We also watched "Four Christmases", which was meh, but fine. It was great how they decide to get married and have a baby. I refrained from shooting him pointed glances, don't worry.

I also made it to the library where I picked up more novels to feed my renewed love of fun books. I've finished Unaccustomed Earth, which is REALLY good, and then finished Mary Gaitskill's Veronica, which was a bit too abstract for me, but still well done.

This week is pretty quiet, though I signed up myself and the roommate for another summer of our vegetable CSA , and this year we're doing bi-monthly fruit shares as well. It was a wonderful (gross, cold, rainy) night to think about fresh summer produce! I love having to figure out how to cook whatever they give us, and I especially love the idea of fruit. I have to learn how to make jam before then, I think. Any willing tutors?

I'm looking forward to a yummy brunch and then Target/suburban shopping trip with Schmauren (aka Literating) this Saturday, and I'm sure to see the Mex over the weekend, too. I think our situation will be changing in one way or the other soon, as I've reached my tolerance limit for the gray area. It was fun, but I don't think I can be fancy free now -- too much thinking and worrying on my end. So there may be some decisions made soon, but we shall see.

Sometimes I see fancy free people who just roll along and enjoy life and whatever it gives them, and I get very jealous. I wish I knew how to do that. I was thinking about this at the gym on Monday because a song was playing on my iPod that I really love, but then I kept thinking about how it was going to end and should I repeat it or just take whatever comes on next? But why am I worrying about when the song ends as it's still playing? I am terrible at being in the moment and all that hooha.

Today's goodies:
B - coffee, Special K cereal, skim milk (5)
L - low-salt turkey and muenster on sandwich thin, L&T, Miracle Whip light and mustard; apple (5)
D - veggie lasagna; salad with tomatoes, cukes and feta (7)
S - Dannon Light & Fit yogurt (1); granny bar (2)
Total - 20
Activity - biking, raging against the machine

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to make PW's salsa! Good to know it's easy and good! I was thinking it would be fun to try to make her guacamole since the first step in the guac is her salsa. ooh. Sounds so good now! Did you know she's in your neck of the woods? (Now I sound like Al Roker) She tweeted about being in NYC and on some morning shows. You should meet her...you know since there aren't about a billion people in NYC:)

    Don't feel bad about not living in the moment. I have that same problem. I think a lot of people do. Just try to enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete