Thursday, August 12, 2010

As the Caterpillar Emerges from Her Cocoon...

Thighs is right, no text.  I let the temptation pass, my friends.  Besides, Summer Intern (who is 25 years old) wants to come drinking tonight, and though I have a girls' foursome planned, if things get silly I may let him come by later.  IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.  I mean, just to be friendsies.

That reminds me -- something's going on lately with me and the word "Pants."  It makes me laugh out loud.  Is this a degeneration of my amusement at "Panties"?  Yesterday when eating lunch with the co-workers in the conference room, my female lawyer friend said her new Ikea wardrobe (furniture, not clothing) came with a pants rack.  HAAAAA.  Just say it to yourselves.  PANTS RACK.  Also, our firm has a client called "Sid's Pants."  (That might be confidential.  Shh.)  I can't help it.

So last night was veggie pick up, grocery shopping, then a loooong time cooking dinner.  I boiled corn on the cob, roasted zucchini and squash and eggplant and beets, then sauteed/simmered it all with two large cans of diced tomatoes and some greens, the cut-off-the-cob corn, and fresh basil.  Then I stirred in ziti, put it all in a baking dish with some fresh mozz on top (and some Kraft parmesan) and baked it.  It was labor-intensive but mostly local and fresh and I'm sure I'll get 2-3 weeks of dinners out of it!  I froze some and put the rest in the fridge, after eating, of course.  The best/worst part is that the beets turned the pasta pink, so it looks like a girly-themed dish.  But so what, who cares.  I also ate some baby watermelon out of the shell, sliced in half, and felt like a hippy queen.  Then into bed for Top Chef!  Right, so I bailed on my upstairs neighbor, but I was cooking then eating till 8:30, then showered, then was exhausted and climbed into bed for TV.  Do I want to be friends?  Not that badly that I'd force myself to go up there.  Honestly, I'm in a bit of hermit mode this week anyway.  I don't know why but I'm sure it'll pass.

Besides, I'm not being a hermit tonight!  I'm meeting the Harpie girls for drinks and it's been awhile since such an event has occurred.  It should be fun, and still might be an early night, though this is to be determined.  I'll be happy either way.

P.S. I was just adding Labels to this post, and apparently I've used the label Pants before...now I'm very curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment