Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I Can't Stop Listening to Barbra's Christmas Album. Seriously.

Hello internets!  Just wanted to check in, as this is my first time on a real computer since I came home to oHIo for the holidays.  Also, my gmail was hacked, and I've heard the blog isn't showing...but it worked for me.  So let me know if you're reading this.  Helloooo, anybody out there?

Home is great.  Lots of food, napping, friend time, babies to hold, walking in snow (though I'm jealous of the blizzard they got in the northeast!), layers of clothing (my parents keep their house FREEZING), puzzles, driving, showering only every other day (and that's being optimistic...), shopping, etc.  Last night I went with Britch, her two sisters, her Scottish boyfriend and my friends B&J and their kid to see the Christmas lights at the zoo AND THE POLAR BEAR.  (That was the best part.)  Today I dropped some major bills at Victoria's Secret and that was pretty fun, then I had coffee with a school chum, her lovely husband and mother and newborn baby!  I held the baby for awhile and felt my ovaries sigh.  Tonight our family friend (my "aunt") is coming for dinner, then I'm heading over to watch Inception at my friends' house, then tomorrow I'll maybe have coffee with my old Sunday School teacher-turned-adult friend (NOT in that way, gross), and then tomorrow night is family time, and then Thursday is when Hike arrives in the afternoon, so there will be house cleaning and leg shaving to be done.  I miss him and can't wait to see him, and I'm very curious about how he'll fit in here in the midwest.  I mean, I know he'll be nice and pleasant, but I'm interested to see this Long Islander discover the Anthony Wayne Trail.  No, that is not a euphemism.

When Hike's here, we'll be going to the Scot's 30th birthday party downtown (ohhh yeah, rockin' Toledo), then New Year's Eve is a party at Britch's sister's house (where she's living), then Saturday we'll go to a Walleye hockey game with my parents, and then Sunday will be church and dinner and then he leaves. :(  But it should be a fun time full of Toledo goodness and some day-down time.

And now I'm off to help set the table, but I wanted you to know I was alive and well.  And that for two nights in a row I have had very strange erotic dreams -- Sunday night's was about Alexis Bledel (I KNOW), and then last night there was one involving Ian Somerholder (sp?) and a vibrating chocolate orange.  Indeed.  And with that in mind, happy holidays to you all!

1 comment: